Sunday, March 28, 2010

Kit Williams Amendment...

This has some great points!

Subj: Congressional Term Limits - An urgent cause!
As one of our leading Conservative writers [or whatever applies], you are getting this in the hope that you or your staff may be able to help an urgent cause. I believe that the Founding Fathers have been abandoned and that we MUST get back to a Citizen-run government and not one run by career politicians or our nation is doomed.
In order to create a Citizen-run Congress I think we MUST ratify an amendment to the US Constitution which:
* Limits the time that members of Congress may serve
* Prohibits them from having their "Cadillac" pension rights
* Requires them to participate in Social Security, IRA's, 401(k)'s, etc.
* Prohibits them from having their "Cadillac" health care plans
* Prohibits them from exempting themselves from legislation
* Prohibits them from EVER participating in lobbying activities after being in Congress

Yes, I know Jim DeMint (one of my heroes) introduced a term limit amendment in 2009. And, yes, I know that several other organizations have fleshed out amendment proposals. I have read them all and, frankly, I don't think they go far enough. We can reasonably debate the finer points of the limit on time of service, but I feel we must take advantage of the citizen fervor building right now to build a state-by-state movement to get something like my amendment in the Constitution.
Please go to my website and review it:
http://www.kitwilliams.com/amendment/
And, please, pass this along to whomever you think may help build the momentum to make this happen.
Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter.
Kit Williams
Nashville TN USA

No comments:

Post a Comment